24.01.2012

Scarce mood


People say that history is like fashion, every time it repeats itself, but at a much greater scale. People also say that we feed our future from our memories. Well... At least I would like them to say this.

I have found myself getting back to the things I took for granted for a long time. Whether are old habits or old things, they still have a significance for me. And as much as I tried to push them away in an attempt to develop my own persona, it actually destroyed me. Funny how a small piece of plastic can have such a great power over one's life. And I am not talking about everyone's favorite thing today, the credit card.

Since my teen years, I managed to somehow express myself through the songs that I listen to. Why, do you ask? Simple. Because I found it hard to emotionally open in front of people and even harder to have my thoughts fly away in the form of sounds. Even though I can be vocal at times, I mostly prefer to keep my thoughts to myself.
But I abandoned this method in favor to proper speech. It made me feel different and not in the way in which a painter feels when he mistakenly meets his muse. Rather in the way in which a child feels when he is forced to choose between spending his summer playing alongside his childhood friends and going to summer camp in an unknown place.
In between my darkest memories and my sinister thoughts, a sparkle lit a corner, never dimming its light and never losing hope that one day or for one moment it will be ale to shine brighter than the sun. And that moment is now. And all through the help of music.

It's funny how a few verses can make your day seem better. And it's funnier how, on the very first song notes, you suddenly let that sparkle loose. And you remember who you really are. And you forget about every-day's problems. And the tears that run across your face are actually your inside childhood memories playing on your skin like children playing in the field on an August summer afternoon.

It feels divine, and all because of music. So, remember that, when you least expect it, a song can make you remember why your life has been worth living.

Good night...




Un comentariu:

baka. spunea...

Glad to find you in a somewhat better state of mind!